Recent blog posts
- Knon 89.3, Lambda Weekly 2016.05.22 with Jay Narey, Lerone, Patt & David Taffet Lambda Weekly
- Knon 89.3, Lambda Weekly 2016.05.15 with Leslie McMurray and Katie Sprinkle, Lerone, Patt & David Ta Lambda Weekly
- Knon 89.3, Lambda Weekly 2016.05.08 with Erin Moore, Patt & David Taffet
- Knon 89.3, Lambda Weekly 2016.05.01 with Candy Marcum, Patti, Lerone & David Taffet Lambda Weekly
- Texas Blues Radio Living Blues radio poll report, May 1, 2016
- Knon 89.3, Lambda Weekly 2016.04.24 with Cd Kirven & Michael Dominguez, Patti, Lerone & David Taffet Lambda Weekly
- Knon 89.3, Lambda Weekly 2016.04.17 with Rawlins Gilliland, Patti & David Taffet Lambda Weekly
- Knon 89.3, Lambda Weekly 2016.10.03 with Carter Brown , Lerone, Patti & David Taffet
- Knon 89.3, Lambda Weekly 2016.04.03 with Jennifer Maddox from Jonathan's Place, Lerone & David Taffe Lambda Weekly
- Texas Blues Radio Living Blues radio poll report, April 1, 2016
KNON is a non-profit, listener-supported community radio station, deriving its main source of income from on-air pledge drives and from underwriting or sponsorships by local small businesses.
KNON went on air on July 30, 1983 with 10,000 watts of power. In March 1990, KNON raised it's power to 55,000 watts. The signal covers a radius of approximately 60 miles from Cedar Hill. it extends from McKinney, Hillsboro, Corsicana and from Ft. Worth to Greenville.
KNON is on the air 24 hours a day, seven days a week, with the most diverse programming in Texas. The volunteer disc jockeys play their own music or conduct talk shows during specifically targeted programs. The program variety can be seen on our schedule.
Each music format has its own unique demographics, but the one thing that the entire KNON audience shares is that they listen to KNON, rather than just using it for background noise.
Throughout the years, KNON has received awards for its unique programming. In 2011, KNON was chosen as the Best Radio Station in Dallas by both The Dallas Observer and D-Magazine - an unprecedented honor for the Station and all of its dedicated volunteers.
The mission of KNON is to be the Voice of The People in the Dallas area. We provide unique programming to reflect the diversity of the entire Metroplex community.
Please click here for our 2011 Form 990.
Click here for our 2011 and 2012 Audit Report.
|2010 Form 990 for KNON.pdf||1.32 MB|
|1. Audit 2010 Final.pdf||107.58 KB|
|KNON - 2011 Form 990.pdf||3.16 MB|
|Audit 2011 and 2012 pdf.pdf||311.18 KB|
|990 KNON 2012.pdf||701.89 KB|
|Audit 2013.pdf||223.33 KB|
|2013 KNON 990 Public.pdf||199.02 KB|
|2014 Audit / Financial Report.pdf||133.22 KB|